Pages

10.8.11

Excess in total equilibrium


I am one of those people who when they fly takes all the free magazines, whether it is the ones offered at the airport or on the plane, the results are that I get home at least a kilo heavier than i was after checking my bags in. I never end up reading these free little joys of entertainment and then it finally ends in the trash 2 months later having half read  maybe a total of 2 articles. Well this time I told myself, you can take the magazines if you read them and then leave them and so that is what I did, I read them and whatever I really enjoyed I made notes of to follow up further.

I could not help but turn back to the article on Alain Delorme's Urban Totems, there was just something about these pictures which entertained my eyes for a great part of the flight. For the artist it was to find a way between the absurdity of the materialist world and mankind's age old dream of reaching for something higher while keeping the wheel turning.





 xMM


No comments:

Post a Comment