Pages

26.10.10

tom ford back with the ladies



When I think back on how I got interested in fashion, Tom Ford will always be a name that pops up as one of my greatest influences.

In South Africa back in the 90's to buy a Vogue magazine for me was a luxury, and probably half my pocket money if not all. The way I saw it, they were an investment, one I assure you will find boxed up at my parents house in case I ever need to refer back. One thing I loved the most were the GUCCI adds, when T.F was still with them. The clothes were great, but it was rather the provocative nature of the ads  which appealed to me. Coming from a somewhat conservative country, who dared do that and have it published in a magazine? Tom Ford!


Once he had left GUCCI it was to no suprise that he created his own  name brand TOM FORD.
Starting with eyewear and beauty products, he soon launched his menswear and accessory lines.
The genius even made a movie!

But what about us women?  Where's TOM FORD womenswear, huh?
Well I'm happy to announce that ladies, the man and his brilliance will be back in action starting from Januray 2011!
For now, splash on some black orchid  and slide on those sunnies, soon there will be a lot more of Mr Ford to go around for the ladies...

x.M

No comments:

Post a Comment