Pages

2.3.11

Gainsbourg, 20 years after

Today marks the 20 years since the death of Serge Gainsbourg, France's answer to Mick Jagger, David Bowie and John Lennon all rolled into a bundle of smoke.  A rather embarrassing confession. If you had asked me who Serge Gainsbourg was just over 2 years ago when I had just moved to France, I think I would probably have replied 'some french guy, non?'
I have however since then learnt to embrace this man and his music and have even had some late night/ early morning discussions on the deepness of his lyrics. 

Instead of me babling on more about him, why not have a look at this list of his 20 most scandelous moments. Yes a list had to be made, because if you knew anything about this man, there were a lot more. 










1 comment:

  1. It's good idea, "..reduce the risk of suffering a second heart attack by "increasing his intake of alcohol and cigarettes". - 10th scandelous moment

    ReplyDelete