Pages

18.3.11

my prayers go out to Japan

When I was little sunday mornings were dedicated to catechism at 9 followed by a religious (forgive the pun) visit to the Johannesburg National Art Gallery. I especially remember one Sunday my father taking us to a temporary exhibition on Japanese prints, which was followed by a workshop, for kids, on Japanese art. It's a memory I will never forget and I'm sure if I had to search my boxes of things stored away I would find some reminiscencents of this class tucked away safely.
This was however not my first encounter with Japan. My whole life I have grown up with a Japanese influence around me, whether it wasthe fact that every second piece of decor in the house came from Japan, my Granny's ikabana arrangements or learning how to fold origami with my Oupa, Japan was present.
Ironically enough I have never been to this country of geisha's and cherry blossoms, but never the less heart bleeds for the people of Japan in this devastating time.


As spring is arriving here in Paris, there are cherry blossoms everywhere, and instead of feeling the joy that normally by their sight, I'm overcome by sadness and heartbreak for the people of Japan.

So I'm sure like me most of you want to help, but might not neccessary know how. So after doing some research I found some different associations to whom one can a donation.


As the people of this world, we need to come together and help those in need, after all that's what you would expect in a situation like this.

Have a great weekend and if you can't donate just say a little prayer!

xMM

No comments:

Post a Comment