Pages

27.4.11

wednesday things

The one thing I love about public holidays on a Monday, it makes the week just fly by, 2 more days to the weekend yay!
So i thought I'd do a post on a few things that have inspired me on this oh so lovely wednesday!

-The show must go on
Even without a fashionweek in Japan for AW11, it did not stop designers to have shows of their own or get their look books out. I really liked the collection "Youth Cult"  of G.V.G.V, which continues the theme of her SS11 collection "Wanderlust". A story of a girl who was travelling the world, and now gone back to her boarding school in England, maybe a little bit Gossip Girl inspired? Nevertheless I like it, with the sense of feminine vs masculine and the incorperation of traditional British fabrics such as tweeds, checks and pleads mixed with leathers and military style.

- Fashion illustrators on the up
I'm not sure it's that I've only started noticing it now, but fashion illustrators are definately becoming very popular.
Everytime I see an article on one I kind of secretely wish I had paid more attention in art class on how to make your watercolours work for you. I just really love the effect of watercolours. Maybe I'll give it a try, but untill then I will keep on enjoying these super talented folk!

Aurore de la Morinerie
- Electric blue
A colour I have spotted non stop since I left my appartment this morning, whether it be in the street or in shop windows. This colour is HOT!

- Paris Street look 
I really like on the Vogue website they have on a weekly basis a few street looks, and normally not the same as the ones you get on every single othe streetstyle blog. Here's one I particularly liked today.


- Shirt by  Rag & Bone
- Bag by Zara
- Socks by Happy Socks
- Sunglasses by Illesteva
- Shoes by Zara 

- Shoot Factory
Looking for a great location for your next production or photoshoot, why not have a look here.


Have a lovely Wednesday!

xMM

No comments:

Post a Comment