Pages

2.2.11

diamonds are forever

 





























The one thing I love about living in Paris are the museums and exhibitions, as lame as it could sound to some, i often feel like a kid in a candy store with the amount of choice.

I recently went off to the BULGARI exhibition which was showcasing in the Grand Palais, which if you know the size of this building, you can only but imagine the size of the exhibit, and being Bulgari, the billions worth of jewellery all displayed together.

Now normally I know photo's are forbidden, but this time I guess I chose to ignore the no photo sign at the door.  In all the exhibition rooms, the display cases, full of diamond and other semi-precious stone encrusted jewels, were placed in the center where people were quing around to have a closer look.
My P of A was as follows: stand behind the people, zoom in with camera, take the photo and have private viewing in the comfort of my own home. Well I managed to get about half way through the expo when all of a sudden a man approached me, flashing a badge. My first reaction was, he wants me to take a photo and I was about a milisecond away from doing just that, when i realised he was indeed security and that photo's were STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. Oops? I felt like a rebel for a split second or two, however the joke was on me when i finally saw the bad quality of some of my photos. But hey, I still got away with a few not too shabby!

Sotirio Voulgaris





No comments:

Post a Comment